Monday, July 29, 2024

MULTI-ANNOUNCE #2: Windows 10's 9th Anniversary + Project Throughold

 The original Multi-Announce (#1 over on the old Plushs blog)

Windows 10's 9th Anniversary

Happy birthday, Windows 10!

(The following data is exclusive to Canada) Currently, Windows 10 stands at 63.51% marketshare. Windows 11 stands at 33.71% marketshare and Windows 8.1 stands at 0.45%.

The graph above comes from July 2024 on statcounter and I rounded down everything but G Suite didn't comply. I rounded down Windows 8.1 to 0.4%, Windows 10 to 63.5% and Windows 11 to 33.7%. And now I will show you Windows 8.1 vs. Windows 10 in July 2015 (link here):

It's safe to say that Windows 10 had a rocky start at first. The main problem seems to be its privacy, or rather lack thereof. Even now, disabling each and every single tracking setting in Windows 10 Pro likely isn't enough. You'd need Windows 10 Enterprise to have Microtransactionsoft not peeking at your every move. And it's only becoming worse, sadly, which is why 2025 may be The Year of Linux.

But now that 9 years have passed, Windows 10 is becoming better and better. Look at the marketshare today and, yeah.

Just to show you, above this text is Windows 7-11 (including 10!) vs. OSX 10.5 and macOS 12-14 combined. This just goes to show that, even though Windows eats up a TINY bit more than Apple, Windows still wins, just by a "short shot".

Anyway, I've been using Windows 10 since March of 2020 after my Apple reign. I don't have any MacBooks left over or anything like that but I'm not gonna bother searching. Also, before you ask, no, I do NOT know what version of macOS/OSX I was using. Anyway, I've been using Windows 10 for approximately 4 years, 4 months and 4 weeks or roughly 1600 days of my life. Oh, and by the way, I started using Windows when I had first heard of Minecraft. I went to the website and tried buying the game but was extremely confused. My brother already had a copy of the game and lended to me his Mojang account so I could use it. Problem is, he would use it too, which would lead to my skin randomly changing every once in a while. When I got older, I bought the game myself and that's also when I used a Microsoft Account seeing as it was ~2022-2023 by then. The bygone era of Mojang Studios accounts was long gone by then.

So that's my story with Windows. Now, I am *somewhat* in the process of moving over to Ubuntu 24.04 LTS on my Dell G3 15 which we'll refer to as 3-15. I've been facing massive technical issues but I keep trying anyway.

Project Throughold

Project Throughold is a parody of Windows 10 in Scratch. It's stupid, but fun. The name "Throughold" is a parody of Windows 10's codename, "Threshold", named after a planet in Halo, by the way. The video shows a WIP preview of what's to come.

For those who are looking for technical details:


See you then. Happy birthday, Windows 10. Since 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T SAY HIS NAME THREE TIMES...

 ...as they say. I just came back from watching Beetlejuice Beetlejuice. It's the all-new Bee... oh shoot. Lucky I didn't say it thr...